Last year, in true 2016 fashion, I was having a bit of trouble with my internet provider. But no matter how many times I called, emailed, or searched their website for answers, I felt like I was pointlessly jumping through an endless obstacle course of stupid fiery hoops.
Weeks went by and I wasn’t getting any replies, nor was I finding the answer I was searching for online. It was the worst. Actually, what was truly worse was the fact I had no internet during this entire time *screams*.
Finally, I got so frustrated with not being able to watch Gilmore Girls on Netflix that I ended up angry-Tweeting the provider from my phone. And I mean, I only ever use Twitter for Obama-Biden memes or to see who Charlie Brooker is pissing off these days. So yeah, I was pretty wound up.
But it worked. Almost immediately, I got a direct message from a faceless knight in shining armour named Frank, who ended up explaining to me what I needed to do to fix my internet in less than ten minutes.
God bless you, Frank.
You see, people are becoming increasingly tech-savvy, which means we expect our favourite brands and businesses to embrace these technologies as well, especially when it comes to customer service.
In fact, these days, the majority of customers actually prefer self-service over customer service. That being said, it really says something when consulting social media is more efficient at sorting out your customer service issues than going directly through customer services…
Anyway, here’s some lovely stats from Zendesk to support that wild italicised statement:
- 75% of survey respondents said self-service is a convenient way to address customer service issues.
- 67% said they preferred self-service over speaking to a company representative.
- 91% said they’d use an online knowledge base if it were available and tailored to their needs.
- 40% contact a call centre after they’ve looked for answers to their question via self-service.
- A Pew Internet survey found that 92% of online adults use search engines to find information on the web, while 59% do so during a typical day.
- 72% of customers are going online to serve themselves, but only 52% are finding the information they’re searching for.
So, it’s clear that customers these days want round-the-clock service and answers to their questions in a matter of seconds. And why wouldn’t they? It’s 2017! They need to be able to research and find what they need in a user-friendly way. They need to be able to effortlessly post questions and be answered quickly. And above all, they need to be able to watch Gilmore Girls whenever they want to.
A Salesforce Customer Community Cloud is the quickest, most cost-effective way to achieve a more satisfactory service. Not only will it make your customers happier and more in control, but it’ll cut back those frustrated phone calls, tweets, and emails for you; win-winwinwin.