What is Salesforce Lightning?
It’s a re-imagined CRM platform with a clean, crisp modern interface. But it’s much more than a facelift for the classic view.
Lightning Experience (LEX) has been rolled out with key users in mind, so they can view and do everything they need to, faster and easier.
Lots of Salesforce users have been hesitant to switch from the classic view, mainly because of lack of knowledge around certain features and some functionality that isn’t yet available in LEX. Classic View seems to serve users perfectly well, so why would they want to change to something that’s just a little prettier?
However, the Spring 17 release notes gave us yet more insight into the ever-expanding features. SFDC is constantly developing and improving LEX to ensure the best user experience for your team. But if you’re still unsure if your org is ready to turn it on, there’s a way to find out in minutes.
The Lightning Experience Readiness Check
With just a few mouse-clicks, you can receive an automated Readiness Report tailored to your unique org. This ‘Readiness Report’ evaluates your:
- User profiles
- Tabs and objects
- Sales cloud-related lists
- Custom buttons and links
- Homepage and sidebar components
- Email templates
- Look up filters
- Third-party CTI
- Salesforce console
- Live agent
- Service contracts
- App exchange packages
- Hard-coded URLs and My Domain
- Visualforce overrides
- Sharing buttons
The Readiness Report won’t identify all of the unsupported features and customisations in LEX, but it will help give you a sense of how ready your specific org is for Lightning.
It’s there to help admins learn more about what to consider when switching on LEX, while being constantly undated and improved on to make your migration as easy as possible.
A personalised Readiness Report will show you what needs to be addressed. Plus, you’ll get access to a free consultation with an expert for advice on your next steps.
How do I get the report?
- Log into your Salesforce org, go to your setup page. Then, under the search bar in the left-hand navigation, click ‘Lightning Experience’.
- This is the Migration Assistant, which is where you’ll learn about and migrate to Lightning if you’re ready. To help you decide, you’ll be able to look under the section called ‘Evaluate if Lightning Experience is right for your org’ and look for the topic called ‘Check your Lightning Experience Readiness”.
- Click ‘Evaluate’ and your Salesforce org is automatically evaluated based on the functionality your org currently uses. It’ll then tell you what is recommended for you. Simple!
The Readiness Check is available in Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer editions.